California Parks and Rec. to offer youth tennis lessons
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
California Parks and Recreation is offering tennis lessons for youth ages 4-10 in two sessions this summer, June 18-21 (Session 1) and June 25-28 (Session 2), at the Proctor Park tennis courts. The times of the session are determined by age: 5:30-6 p.m. for ages 4-5; 6-6:45 p.m. for ages 6-7; and 6:45-7:30 p.m. for ages 8-10.
Tennis for children ages 10 and under is an introduction to the sport. Participants will be taught by a United States Tennis Association (USTA) certified instructor and will be using age-appropriate equipment such as properly sized rackets, smaller courts, and balls that don't bounce as fast, therefore they are easier to hit.
The registration fee to participate is $30 per child. Checks must be made payable to: City of California Parks and Recreation.
The deadline to register is 5 p.m. Thursday, June 12. Enrollment forms (and fee) can be taken to the California City Hall at 500 S. Oak Street between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The utility drop box can be used after hours.
Registration forms can also be mailed to: California City Hall, Parks and Recreation, 500 S. Oak St., California MO, 65018.
For more information, call Sky Smothers at 573-796-2500.
More like this story
- Deadline to sign-up for 2012 Youth Swim Lessons is Friday
- Youth and adult recreation activities in California
- Upcoming City of California Parks and Recreation activities
- California Parks and Rec. to offer Adult Fall Softball and Youth Coed Soccer Leagues, and year-round swim lessons
- Upcoming City of California Parks and Recreation activities; deadline for youth baseball and softball enrollment is April 10
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting