Area Community Calendar
Originally published January 15, 2013 at 3:04 p.m., updated January 15, 2013 at 3:04 p.m.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, in the CHS Library Media Room. This is for the English/Reading portion of the ACT test.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, at the CHS Library-Media room.
• Moniteau County Republican Club meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Tipton City Hall Conference Room, 101 E. Moniteau Street, Tipton. For more information call 573-819-2212.
• California Nutrition Center Jam session, 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Nutrtion Center. $2 cover charge, please bring finger foods, drinks provided. For more informatio call Ruth Ellis at 573-338-6432.
• The Krazy Kats featured at Finke Theatre, California, 7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19. The event is not part of the regular season schedule and will be open seating. Tickets are available by calling 573-796-2895 or 573-690-9363, or at Sally's Beauty Bar or from any Finke Board member. Tickets will also be available at the door, which opens at 6:30 p.m.
• Jamestown Style Family Feud, 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, at the Jamestown Community Building. Free-will donations will be accepted for Community Mission Trip.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattlemen's Association dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, at Centennial Hall at the Moniteau Co. Fairgrounds, California. The cost to attend is $8 for those who RSVP at the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168, or $9 at the door.
• Gillam Family Illusions, 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, at Finke Theatre, California.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner, 5-6 p.m., social hour and silent auction; 6 p.m. dinner, Saturday, Jan. 26, at California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Street. Tickets may be purchased at the Chamber office for $15. This event is open to the public and will be honoring the California City Firefighters, the California Citizen of the Year, Volunteer of the Year and Business of the Year.
• Town Hall Meeting to discuss local development sponsored by California Progress, Inc. (CPI), 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, at the California Nutrition Center.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and His Country Ordaras, 7 p.m., Feb. 2, at the Nutrition Center.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre will hosts its 4th Annual Dinner with your Darling, 5:30 p.m., Feb. 9, at Windmill Ridge Funeral Services. For more information call Vickie Schroeder 913-669-2979.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting