Fill a Ford for the holidays
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Sakelaris Automotive Group is bringing the "Fill a Ford for the Holidays" to Moniteau County.
After the purchase of the Rolla Ford dealership, Steve Sakelaris and his mother Mary decided not not only to continue the tradition of that dealership of filling Fords for the holidays, but to expand it it to their other Ford dealerships.
The program of collecting donations of cash, non-perishable food, toiletries and other daily used items, was started by Denny LaBantschnig in 1990. For 22 years, the program continued with 100 percent of the donations used to fill area food pantries ahead of the Christmas holidays. In 2012, the program supplied two Ford truckloads each to 33 food pantries in Phelps and surrounding counties.
The staff at Sakelaris Ford of California are thrilled to participate and have committed donations already. Requests from other pantries will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, and as supplies allow.
More like this story
- Year 2013 in review: July though December
- California Ford changes hands
- Sakelaris Ford and Camdenton 4-H FIRST Laser Robotics partner in education
- Lake Area food pantries: The need for help is still here after the holidays
- The Lake Today’s ‘Sharing in the Community’ Anniversary Food Drive ends today
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting