• California High School Baccalaureate, 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the First Baptist Church Christian Life Center.
• Moniteau County Republican Club meeting, 7 p.m. Thursday, May 17, at California City Hall. For more information call Judy Wittenberger, 660-849-2299.
• Jam Session, 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, May 17, at California Nutrition Center. For more information call Ruth at 573-338-6432 or Bob Taylor at 796-3378.
• Jamestown Graduation Ceremony, 7 p.m. Friday, May 18, in the school gym.
• Russellville Graduation Ceremony, 6 p.m. Saturday, May 19, in the high school gym.
• California Nutrition Center to host the "Country Dudes" , 7-10 p.m. Saturday, May 19, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $5 at the door. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• California High School Graduation, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 20, at the CHS gymnasium.
• Prairie Home School Graduation, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 20, at the PHS gymnasium.
• CHS Woodworking Open House, 1-6 p.m. Monday, May 21, at the CHS Woodworking Shop.
• California Pinto Basketball Camp, Monday, May 21, through Friday, May 25, for boys who will be in grades 5-12 during the 2012-13 school year. The camp will be held at California High School Monday through Thursday, Friday, May 25, the camp will be held at California Middle School. For more information, call Blair Scanlon at 573-796-4911.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Ground Breaking for Genealogy Library, May 26, at 10 a.m. at the Moniteau County Historical Society, 201 North High Street. For more information call 796-3563.
• Tipton High School Class of 1952 60th Reunion, Saturday, May 26, beginning with a meeting at 1 p.m. at the Tipton Christian Church. For more information, call A.G. Combs at 660-433-2148 or Sylvia Coffelt at 816-690-4247.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Russellville Alumni Banquet, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 2, at the Russellville Elementary/Middle School cafeteria. The cost is $10. Please RSVP to Lucille Rosenmiller 573-645-6527, Gary Jobe 573-496-3162 or Aaron Steenbergen 573-392-8280 before May 23.
• California Red Hat Society to tour Candy Factory at Shelter Gardens, Columbia. Meet at UCC at 9 a.m., Thursday, June, 14. The tour cost is $1 at the door. Lunch will be at Olive Garden and reservations are required. Call Ruth Coale 796-4366 for reservations.
Every Thursday - Free art classes for kids of all ages at The Art Place, 324 S. Oak Street. 4-8 p.m.
Every Saturday sidewalk chalk art at The Art Place, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.